Beginner Studio Lighting
When: Saturday, APRIL 20, 2023
Where: 3225 Parmenter Street; Middleton, WI 53562
Cost: $125.00 plus tax
This two-hour class focuses on the the basics of studio lighting.
It is aimed primarily towards people who have a good understanding of how to use their camera but those who are beginners in studio lighting.
We will spend the first hour talking about the basics of studio lighting and the second hour will be hands-on shooting using the techniques discussed in the first half of the class.
BEGINNER STUDIO LIGHTING COURSE WILL COVER:
• Lighting introduction
• Photography Gear: Camera, lenses
• Lighting Gear and terminology: Types of studio lighting, modifiers, stands, TX/RX, lighting setups
• Finding Your Exposure
• Studio Setups: One to two lights
• Hands-on practice with model, using 1-2 lights
• Review and Q&A
• An SLR or Mirrorless digital camera and prime or zoom lens (preferably within 35mm to 85mm focal length)
• A fully charged camera battery
• Memory card for your camera
• Your camera manual, or an adequate knowledge of your camera
• A good understanding of how to produce properly exposed digital photographs in manual mode
CLASS AND WORKSHOP CONDITIONS AND TERMS:
This agreement is between Whitney Minten Photography (WMP) and Student.
• The Student is responsible for providing all of the equipment necessary to complete the workshop unless agreed upon otherwise.
• The Student understands that all documents that are given to him/her are copyrighted property of the Instructor and shall not be copied, distributed, or sold.
• Schedule is subject to change by Instructor due to circumstances including, but not limited it, weather and illness.
• The Instructor and WMP shall be held harmless for any and all injury to the Student and the Student's equipment during the course of the classes, workshops, field trips, or tours.
CLASS CANCELLATION POLICY:
• Up to 3 weeks prior to event: 100% refund
• After 3 weeks prior to event: no refund
MINIMUM/MAXIMUM NUMBER OF STUDENTS
• Maximum enrollment for this course is 10 students
• WMP retains the right to cancel any class should the class not fill to the minimum requirement of attendees.
• Please contact Whitney or WMP with any questions or concerns.