Advanced Studio Lighting
When: I currently do not have any courses scheduled at this time. Please message me to schedule a group or private course.
Where: 3225 Parmenter Street; Middleton, WI 53562
Cost: Message for private and group pricing.
This two-hour class focuses on the the basics of studio lighting.
It is aimed primarily towards people who have a solid understanding of how to use their camera and a solid understanding of studio lighting (thorough knowledge of concepts covered in Beginner Studio Lighting and Intermediate Studio Lighting.)
We will spend the first hour talking about advanced concepts of studio lighting and the second hour will be hands-on shooting using the techniques discussed in the first half of the class.
ADVANCED STUDIO LIGHTING COURSE WILL COVER:
• Lighting review: lighting gear, finding your exposure, lighting techniques, composition
• Advanced lighting techniques
• Lighting ratios
• Inverse Square Law
• Snoots and gels
• Studio Setups: Two to four lights
• Hands-on practice with model, using 2-4 lights
• Review and Q&A
• An SLR or Mirrorless digital camera and prime or zoom lens (preferably within 35mm to 85mm focal length)
• A fully charged camera battery
• Memory card for your camera
• Your camera manual, or an adequate knowledge of your camera
• A good understanding of how to produce properly exposed digital photographs in manual mode
CLASS AND WORKSHOP CONDITIONS AND TERMS:
This agreement is between Whitney Minten Photography (WMP) and Student.
• The Student is responsible for providing all of the equipment necessary to complete the workshop unless agreed upon otherwise.
• The Student understands that all documents that are given to him/her are copyrighted property of the Instructor and shall not be copied, distributed, or sold.
• Schedule is subject to change by Instructor due to circumstances including, but not limited it, weather and illness.
• The Instructor and WMP shall be held harmless for any and all injury to the Student and the Student's equipment during the course of the classes, workshops, field trips, or tours.
CLASS CANCELLATION POLICY:
• Up to 3 weeks prior to event: 100% refund
• After 3 weeks prior to event: no refund
MINIMUM/MAXIMUM NUMBER OF STUDENTS
• Maximum enrollment for this course is 10 students
• WMP retains the right to cancel any class should the class not fill to the minimum requirement of attendees.
• WMP will be following CDC recommended precautions for in-person events. WMP retains the right to cancel any class should CDC recommendations change.
• Please contact Whitney or WMP with any questions or concerns.